On August 6, 2022, the staff for Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War released a second edgy key visual hyping the anime’s premiere that is set for October 20222 in Japan on TV Tokyo. Additional cast was also announced on the official Twitter account, including members of the Wandenreich.
The key visual focuses on Ichigo donned in his Shinigami apparel and wielding a Zanpakuto and Zangetsu. The greatest nemesis of the Thousand-Year Blood War, Yhwach, the founder of the Quincy, was also drawn in the background. Ishida is drawn closely to Yhwach and is looking down on Ichigo and the others. Foreshadowing, perhaps?
You can see the new key visual here:
Who are the new cast additions?
Joining the original Japanese Bleach cast members are:
- Daiki Yamashita – Ryunosuke Yuki (Shinigami who belongs to the 13th division)
- Asami Seto – Shino Madarame (Shinigami in charge of Soraza Town)
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka – Äs Nödt (member of the Star Cross Knights, Stern Ritter, led by Yhwach)
- Koichi Yamadera – Quilge Opie
- Hideyuki Tanaka – BG9
- Tayaka Hashi – Robert Accutrone
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu – Driscoll Berci
- Yasuhiro Mamiya – Mask De Masculine
- Tomoaki Maeno – NaNaNa Najahkoop
You can read about the other cast members, which have been previously announced here: Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War PV trailer highlights Ichigo’s new enemies – Stern Ritter
You can watch the latest trailer for Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War here:
In Japan, the second part of the TV anime Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War advanced screening will be held on September 11, 2022 and be live-viewed in movie theaters nationwide. The talk show will feature Seiichi Morita as Ichigo Kurosaki, Fumiko Orikasa as Rukia Kuchiki and Noriaki Sugiyama as Uryu Ishida.
There will also be a related event called “Bleach 100 Examination”, which is a test to measure fans’ knowledge of the anime and manga Bleach. All of the participants in the test will receive a digital report card and the top performers will be announced at the advanced screening event!
Who are the members of the production team?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War production team members include:
- Director – Tomohisa Taguchi (Twin Star Excorcists, Kino’s Journey – The Beautiful World, Akudama Drive)
- Script overseers – Masaki Hiramatsu and Tomohisa Taguchi
- Character designer – Masashi Kudo
- Music composer – Shiro Sagisu
- Chief Animation Directors – Michio Hasegawa, Sei Komatsubara, Kumiko Takayanagi
- Action Effects Animation Directors – Satoshi Sakai, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yong Hoon Chong
- Art Director – Yoshio Tanioka
- Art Design – Toshiki Amada
- Color Design – Saori Goda
- Editing – Akinori Mishima
- Director of Photography – Kazuhiro Yamada
- CG Directors – Toshihiro Sasaki, Kazushi Goto
- Sound Director – Yukio Nagasaki
- Sound Production – Zack Promotion
What is the plot of Bleach?
The story centers on a hothead teenager named Ichigo Kurosaki, who through a strange twist of fate ends up obtaining the powers of a Soul Reaper (a personification of death similar to the Grim Reaper) from a girl, named Rukia Kuchiki. With his newfound powers came the responsibility of defending humans from evil spirits called Hallows and guiding departed souls to the afterlife. Ichigo ends up having several adventures in his hometown fighting Hallows and then later in a place called Soul Society where he’s forced to battle other Soul Reapers.
Are you looking forward to the anime Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War? Let us know in the comment section below!