The Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 5 release date is on November 8, 2022.
On November 3, 2022, the official Twitter account for the anime adaptation of Tite Kubo’s Bleach manga titled Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War released 5 screenshots teasing the events that will occur in Bleach Episode 371 titled “Wrath as a Lightning”.
A special preview trailer, narrated by the character Choujirou Sasakibe and voiced by Tarou Yamaguchi has also been released and can be watched via the Twitter post here:
The video is of a short poem by Choujirou Sasakibe which states, “The vow rests in the shade of the willow. Even as the lightning fades.”
If you watch the video closely you will notice that Choujirou’s tabi socks turn black. Is this hinting his bankai will be stolen?
What is the plot of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 5?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 5 will begin with the battle continuing in Soul Society between the Shinigami and the Quincy Empire. Rukia’s brother, Byakuya Kuchiki, is in a tough spot now that his bankai has been stolen.
Meanwhile, Ichigo has become trapped in the Senkaimon (passageway) that leads from Hueco Mundo to Soul Society. Ichigo tries to use his Getsuga Tensho to escape, but it has no effect. Quilge Opie’s nickname is “the Jail”, and Ichigo is beginning to understand why.
As Ichigo continues to try and find a way to free himself he suddenly hears the frantic and desperate voices of all the Shinigami in Soul Society, who are trying to survive the Quincy attack. Ichigo hears the voices of his friends Rukia and Renji, but he is unable to communicate with them.
Byakuya decides to face off against As Nodt while Renji watches so that they can determine the enemy’s weakness. As Nodt’s arrows cause an irrational fear to well up inside of Byakuya, however. As Nodt uses Senbonzakura against Byakuya and the results are devastating.
Rukia senses something is amiss with her brother and cries out. Rukia swiftly heads to where she senses Byakuya and Renji are fighting.
Will Ichigo arrive in time to save Byakuya, Rukia, and Renji? We’ll have to wait until Episode 5 in order to find out!
All I have to say is Orihime is probably going to end up having to heal thousands of Shinigami if this slaughter continues!
What is the plot of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War?
Things were peaceful in Ichigo’s hometown of Karakura until a group of new, mysterious Soul Reapers and a new enemy appeared. Ichigo is ready to grab his Zanpakto and jump in to protect his friends and allies from this new threat. Meanwhile, strange things are occurring in Soul Society from the mysterious disappearances of the residents in the Rukon district to the surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. When Soul Society comes under attack by a group calling themselves Wandenreich, it’s up to Ichigo to turn the tide of the bloody battle that ensues.
But who is this new enemy lurking in the shadows? Yhwach, the founder of all Quincies, decides to declare war against the Soul Society and gives them the following message, “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The dark history and truth that Soul Society has been trying to keep secret finally come to light and they must atone for their past.
Who are the members of the production team?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War production team members include:
- Director – Tomohisa Taguchi (Twin Star Exorcists, Kino’s Journey – The Beautiful World, Akudama Drive)
- Script overseers – Masaki Hiramatsu and Tomohisa Taguchi
- Character designer – Masashi Kudo
- Music composer – Shiro Sagisu
- Chief Animation Directors – Michio Hasegawa, Sei Komatsubara, Kumiko Takayanagi
- Action Effects Animation Directors – Satoshi Sakai, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yong Hoon Chong
- Art Director – Yoshio Tanioka
- Art Design – Toshiki Amada
- Color Design – Saori Goda
- Editing – Akinori Mishima
- Director of Photography – Kazuhiro Yamada
- CG Directors – Toshihiro Sasaki, Kazushi Goto
- Sound Director – Yukio Nagasaki
- Sound Production – Zack Promotion
Who are the cast members?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War cast members include:
- Masakazu Morita – Ichigo Kurosaki
- Fumiko Orikasa – Rukia Kuchiki
- Noriaki Sugiyama – Uryu Ishida
- Yuki Matsuoka – Orihime Inoue
- Hiroki Yasumoto – Yasutora Sado
- Kentaro Ito – Renji Abarai
- Shinichiro Miki – Kisuke Urahara
- Satsuki Yukino – Yoruichi Shihoin
- Binbin Takaoka – Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto
- Houko Kuwashima – Sui-Feng
- Shouto Kashii – Rojuro Otoribashi
- Aya Hisakawa – Retsu Unohana
- Masaya Onosaka – Shinji Hirako
- Ryotaro Okiayu – Byakuya Kuchiki
- Tetsu Inada – Sajin Komamura
- Akio Ohtsuka – Shunsui Kyoraku
- Tomokazu Sugita – Kensei Muguruma
- Romi Park – Toshiro Hitsugaya
- Fumiko Tachiki – Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ryusei Nakao – Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Hideo Ishikawa – Jushiro Ukitake
- Naomi Kusumi – Ichibe Hyosube
- Yoji Ueda – Oetsu Mimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura – Tenjiro Kirinji
- Rina Satou – Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu – Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo – Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara – Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi – Askin Nakk Le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu – Bambietta Basterbine
- Yuki Ono – Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama – Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae – Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino – Lille Barro
Some of these voice actors and actresses haven’t appeared in the anime, but have played different characters in the game Bleach: Brave Souls.
Where can I watch Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War airs every Monday from 24:00 on TV Tokyo, BS Teletext, Sendai Broadcasting, AT-X TV, and other networks in Japan. It also airs on Tuesdays on Hiroshima TV. It will air on Sundays on TV Shizuoka.
Internationally you can watch Bleach on Disney+ with certain delays expected in Europe. Simulcasts are expected in Canada, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand. In the U.S. you can watch Bleach via the following streaming services: dTV, Anime Times, All-you-can-eat Anime, U-NEXT, dAnime Store, Bandai Channel, TELASA, J:COM on Demand, milplus, auSmart Pass Premium, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Paravi, FOD, ABEMA, Hikari TV, Rakuten TV, Nico Nico Channel, Google Play and HAPPY! The popular go-to streaming site for people in the U.S. to watch Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War appears to be Hulu.
Are you enjoying Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War? Are you looking forward to the battle between Byakuya and As Nodt? Let us know in the comment section below!