Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War’s official premiere is finally here. After more than 10 years of waiting for the final arcs of Tite Kubo’s legendary manga to be adapted for the small screen Bleach fans are finally getting the end this anime franchise deserves. However, Bleach fans are still confused about where to watch this epic conclusion.
If you live in the UK, allegedly you will be able to watch Bleach TYBW Episode 1 today (October 10, 2022) at 4:30 PM GMT+1 on Disney+ UK and new episodes will be released weekly on the platform. As for streaming Bleach on Disney+ Australia, you’ll need to stay up late since episodes are streaming Tuesdays at 2:30 AM GMT+11.
For those who live in the USA, you will be able to watch Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War on the streaming service Hulu.
There will allegedly be a simulcast for Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War in Canada, Latin America (Portuguese/Spanish), Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War in Disney+ Europe allegedly will not be simulcast in Europe according to Twitter users reporting that they haven’t seen the anime appear in their region. This would include Disney+ France, Germany, Spain, etc.
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War will be released in four cours (groups of about 13 episodes) with breaks in between each cour. There will be 52 episodes in total.
All 16 seasons of Bleach (that’s 366 episodes) are currently available on Disney+ internationally for those who want to binge-watch the series and get a refresher on the story and characters.
What is the plot of Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War?
Things were peaceful in Ichigo’s hometown of Karakura until a group of new, mysterious Soul Reapers and a new enemy appeared. Ichigo is ready to grab his Zanpakto and jump in to protect his friends and allies from this new threat. Meanwhile, strange things are occurring in Soul Society from the mysterious disappearances of the residents in the Rukon district to the surge in the number of Hollows being destroyed in the World of the Living. When Soul Society comes under attack by a group calling themselves Wandenreich (Stern Ritter), it’s up to Ichigo to turn the tide of the bloody battle that ensues.
But who is this new enemy lurking in the shadows? Yhwach, the founder of all Quincies, decides to declare war against the Soul Society and gives them the following message, “Five days from now, the Soul Society will be annihilated by the Wandenreich.”
The dark history and truth that Soul Society has been trying to keep secret finally come to light and they must atone for their past.
Who are the members of the production team?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War production team members include:
- Director – Tomohisa Taguchi (Twin Star Excorcists, Kino’s Journey – The Beautiful World, Akudama Drive)
- Script overseers – Masaki Hiramatsu and Tomohisa Taguchi
- Character designer – Masashi Kudo
- Music composer – Shiro Sagisu
- Chief Animation Directors – Michio Hasegawa, Sei Komatsubara, Kumiko Takayanagi
- Action Effects Animation Directors – Satoshi Sakai, Yoshihiro Kanno, Yong Hoon Chong
- Art Director – Yoshio Tanioka
- Art Design – Toshiki Amada
- Color Design – Saori Goda
- Editing – Akinori Mishima
- Director of Photography – Kazuhiro Yamada
- CG Directors – Toshihiro Sasaki, Kazushi Goto
- Sound Director – Yukio Nagasaki
- Sound Production – Zack Promotion
Who are the cast members?
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War cast members include:
- Masakazu Morita – Ichigo Kurosaki
- Fumiko Orikasa – Rukia Kuchiki
- Noriaki Sugiyama – Uryu Ishida
- Yuki Matsuoka – Orihime Inoue
- Hiroki Yasumoto – Yasutora Sado
- Kentaro Ito – Renji Abarai
- Shinichiro Miki – Kisuke Urahara
- Satsuki Yukino – Yoruichi Shihoin
- Binbin Takaoka – Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto
- Houko Kuwashima – Sui-Feng
- Shouto Kashii – Rojuro Otoribashi
- Aya Hisakawa – Retsu Unohana
- Masaya Onosaka – Shinji Hirako
- Ryotaro Okiayu – Byakuya Kuchiki
- Tetsu Inada – Sajin Komamura
- Akio Ohtsuka – Shunsui Kyoraku
- Tomokazu Sugita – Kensei Muguruma
- Romi Park – Toshiro Hitsugaya
- Fumiko Tachiki – Kenpachi Zaraki
- Ryusei Nakao – Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Hideo Ishikawa – Jushiro Ukitake
- Naomi Kusumi – Ichibe Hyosube
- Yoji Ueda – Oetsu Mimaiya
- Tomoyuki Shimura – Tenjiro Kirinji
- Rina Satou – Senjumaru Shutara
- Ayumi Tsunematsu – Kirio Hikifune
- Takayuki Sugo – Yhwach
- Yuichiro Umehara – Jugram Haschwalth
- Shunsuke Takeuchi – Askin Nakk Le Vaar
- Ayana Taketatsu – Bambietta Basterbine
- Yuki Ono – Bazz-B
- Yumi Uchiyama – Candice Catnipp
- Natsuki Hanae – Gremmy Thoumeaux
- Satoshi Hino – Lille Barro
Some of these voice actors and actresses haven’t appeared in the anime, but have played different characters in the game Bleach: Brave Souls.
Are you enjoying Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War? Let us know in the comment section below!