The High Card anime release date will be on January 9, 2023. In Japan, the High Card TV show will be broadcast on AT-X and other networks.
High Card is a project that tells the story of a group of young people who collect special “expanding cards” that grant them different abilities.
All you need in life is manner, dignity, and the willingness to be your own life. However, the Who’s Who, the rival car manufacturer interested in taking Pinochle down, and the Klondikes, the infamous crime family, stand in the gang’s way. A frantic battle between these card-obsessed players, fueled by justice, desire, and revenge, is about to begin! Are you ready? Let the game begin!Kadokawa Anime stated on their official YouTube channel
On November 20, 2022, the staff for the upcoming poker-themed High Card multimedia project released a new trailer, which revealed the premiere date and other new details. The High Card drama CD volume set will be released on December 3, 2022.
Publisher Kadokawa, anime studio TMS Entertainment, and entertainment company Sammy Corporation have teamed up to present this poker-themed project together. The companies revealed that the project would include anime, manga, and novels.
The opening theme song is “Trickster” performed by Five New Old.
On August 31, 2022, a side story manga titled High Card – 9 No Mercy began serialization in Square Enix’s online manga magazine Manga UP!
You can watch the new trailer on Kadokawa Anime’s official YouTube channel here:
Who are the newly announced cast members?
High Card newly announced cast members include:
- Toshiyuki Morikawa – Greg Young
- Rie Takahashi – Sugar Pease
You can see a new key visual here:
Who are the previously announced cast members?
High Card previously announced cast members include:
- Gen Satou – Finn Oldman
- Toshiki Masuda – Chris Redgrave
- Shun Horie – Leo Constantine Pinochle
- Haruka Shiraishi – Wendy Sato
- Yuuichirou Umehara – Vijay Kumar Singh
- Kazuhiro Yamaji – Bernard Symons
- Daisuke Ono – Theodore Constantine Pinochle
- Nobunaga Shimazaki – Owen Alldays
- Toshihiko Seki – Norman Kingstadt
- Shunsuke Takeuchi – Brist Blitz Broadhurst
- Mie Sonozaki – Brandy Blumenthal
- Tomokazu Seki – Ban Klondike
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga – Tilt
- Chiharu Sawahiro – Bobby Ball
What is the plot of HIGH CARD?
The story centers on a young man named Finn, who is a freelancer. When he finds out that the orphanage where he grew up is on the brink of closing due to financial troubles, Finn sets out for a casino with the intention of winning big. However, Finn’s casino night goes from normal to nightmarish when he gets pulled into a car chase and bloody shootout all caused by a man’s “lucky” card.
Finn later discovers the reasons behind the shootout. Apparently, the world’s order can be controlled behind the scenes by a set of 52 X-Playing cards with the power to bestow different superhuman powers and abilities to the ones that possess them. The cards allow people to access the hidden power of the “buddy” that can be found within themselves.
Finn encounters a group of people pretending to be the employees of the luxury carmaker Pinochle, but discovers they’re really a secret group of players called High Card, who have been ordered by the King of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom. High Card scouts Finn and he ends up joining them on their dangerous mission to find these cards.
Who are the members of the production team?
HIGH CARD production team members:
- Director – Junichi Wada (The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, Caligula, Sakugan)
- Scripts – Kenichi Yamashita, Kazuhiko Inukai, Shingo Nagai
- Character design – Nozomi Kawano (Radiant)
- Color key artist – Yumi Nagi
- Art directors – Minoru Onishi, Taigoro Suzuki
- CG Director – Masafumi Uchiyama
- Compositing Director of Photography – Tomoyuki Kunii
- Action Animation Director/Key Animators – Shunpei Mochizuki, Junichi Hayama
- Effects animation director – Takashi Hashimoto
- Sound director – Shoko Hata
- Card design BALCOLONY
- Concept art – Reoen (Flat Studio)
- Animation production – Studio Hibari
- Production – TMS Entertainment
- Series composition – Naoki Kuroyanagi
- Chief animation supervisor – Nozomi Kawano, Haruna Nagata
- Editor – Rie Ito
- Sound effects – Hiromune Kurahashi
- Music – Ryo Takahashi
Are you looking forward to the anime High Card? Let us know in the comment section below!