The Firecatcher Lord release date is in January 2023 in Japan! You’ll also be able to watch it via the TV channel WOWOW with a premium subscription.
On October 26, 2022, the official website for the anime adaptation of Rieko Hinata (story) and Akihiro Yamada’s (illustrations) Hikari no Ou (The Firecatcher Lord) fantasy, action, adventure novel series revealed 16 more cast members and their character designs.
Who are the newly announced cast members?
The Firecatcher Lord new cast members include:
- Sachi Kokuryu – Kun
- Chiaki Kobayashi – Shouzou
- Makoto Koichi – Kaho
- Kenta Miyake – Yuoshichi
- Kaori Nazuka – Hibana
- Mamoru Miyano – Takimi
- Shinichiro Miki – Haijuu
- Yuko Hara – Benio
- Yume Miyamoto – Hotaru
- Shun’ichi Maki – Sakuroku
- Youji Ueda – Enzen
- Ryuunosuke Watanuki – Hitou
- Akira Ishida – Hibari
- Sayaka Ohara – Yanagi
- Yu Shimamura – Kiri
- Yoshiko Sakakibara – Narrator
Who are the previously announced cast members?
The Firecatcher Lord previously announced cast members include:
- Misaki Kuno – Touko
- Shouya Ishige – Koushi
- Maaya Sakamoto – Akira
- Yoshimasa Hosoya – Roroku
- Saori Hayami – Kira
- Megumi Yamaguchi – Hinako
Who are the members of the production team?
Hikari no Ou production team members include:
- Director – Junji Nishimura (Nurarihyon no Mago, Ranma ½, True Tears, You’re Under Arrest: The Motion Picture, Vladlove)
- Animation Production – Studio Signal.MD (Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Napping Princess, The Wonderland)
- Producer – WOWOW
- Scriptwriter – Mamoru Oshii (Urusei Yatsura, Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: On TV, Vlad Love, Ghost in the Shell, Angel’s Egg, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Blood: The Last Vampire)
- Character designers and Animation Directors – Takuya Saitou (Koutetsujou or Kabaneri, Usagi Drop, Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star), Kise Kazuchika and Toshihisa Kaiya.
- Music composer – Kenji Kawai (Mob Psycho 100, Fate/Stay Night, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
- Sound Director – Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
Where can I read the light novel series?
In December 2018, Hinata published the first book in the series with illustrations by Akihiro Yamada, who is known for his work in The Twelve Kingdoms and RahXephon character designs. On September 3, 2020, Hinata published the fourth book in the series, followed by a side story volume on December 21, 2021. The four books have been released by Holp Shuppan.
Are you looking forward to the anime Hikari no Ou? What do you think of the new character designs? Let us know in the comment section below!