On July 28, 2022, the staff for the upcoming anime TV series adaptation of Sarasa Nagase’s light novel series I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss (Akuyaku Reijo Nanode Rasubosu o Katte Mimashita) released its first trailer, which gives a sneak peak of how the villainess, the hero, the heroine, and the “final boss” will look animated.
The I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss release date is in October 2022 on Tokyo MX, MBS, BS-TBS, and Wowow in Japan.
You can watch the trailer on MBS’s official YouTube channel here:
What is the plot of I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss?
The story centers on a young noblewoman named Aileen. When her engagement to the prince ends unceremoniously with him revealing he’s in love with another woman the shock is so great it causes Aileen to awaken the memories of her past life.
Apparently, Aileen used to be a Japanese woman, who used to enjoy playing a certain otome game where the aim was the capture the prince’s heart. Suddenly, Aileen realizes that she’s been living inside the world of her favorite romance game as the villainess of the story, who meets a bad end! She knows she can’t count on the hero/main-love-interest, so decides to turn to the last boss/villain of the game for help instead.
At the very end of the trailer, we see Aileen proposing to the “last boss”. He appears to refuse her marriage proposal but is seen blushing at the very end. Perhaps, this mysterious dark-haired man is a Tsundere? Will Aileen manage to melt the villain’s cold heart and prevent her death?
Who are the cast members?
I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss cast members include:
- Rie Takahashi – Aileen Lauren Dautriche (Yen Press spells her name as Aileen Lauren d’Autriche)
- Yuichiro Umehara – Claude Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Claude Jean Ellmeyer)
- Toshiki Masuda – Cedric Jeanne Elmir (Yen Press spells the name as Cedric Jean Ellmeyer)
- Jun Fukuyama – Keith Eigrid
- Yuki Ono – Belzebuth (Yen Press spells the name as Beelzebuth)
- Kana Hanazawa – Lilia Rainworth (Yen Press spells the name as Lilia Reinoise)
- Tomokazu Sugita – Almond
Who are the members of the production team?
I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss production team members include:
- Director – Kumiko Habara (I’m Standing on 1,000,000 Lives, season 1 and 2)
- Animation – Maho Film
- Series composition – Kenta Ihara (Tomodachi Game, Vinland Saga, Saga of Tanya the Evil)
- Character designers – Momoko Makiuchi, Eri Kojima and Yuko Oba
- Music composers – Natsumi Tabuchi, Hanae Nakamura, Miki Sakurai, Sayaka Aoki, and Kanade Sakuma
Where can I read the light novel series and manga adaptation?
In May 2017, the series by Sarasa Nagase began serialization online on the user-generated novel publishing website Shosetsuka ni Naro (Let’s Be Novelists!). On September 1, 2017, Kadokawa Shoten began publishing it as a light novel with illustrations by Mai Murasaki through their Kadokawa Beans Bunko imprint. The English version of the light novel series has been licensed by Yen Press for release in North America and has released nine volumes.
From June 2018 to August 2019, a manga adaptation by Anko Yuzu was serialized in Kadokawa Shoten’s seinen manga magazine Comp Ace and collected into three tankobon volumes. The manga’s English version has been licensed by Yen Press for release in North America.
Are you looking forward to the anime I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss? Let us know in the comment section below!