The team behind the anime Komi Can’t Communicate has revealed the upcoming Blu-ray Box Project for its first season. The project titled “Cooperate Together! Let’s Get Gorgeous Bonuses♪ Blu-ray box project.” was announced on the anime’s official Twitter account and website.
The idea is that the number of items in the box will increase based on the number of pre-orders by fans. If they reach that magical 3,000 number, which is the threshold for success that many anime fans assume justifies an anime sequel, then the main staff and cast will gather for an online event! (Komi Can’t Communicate Season 3 when!?)
The Komi Can’t Communicate Blu-ray Box project release date is scheduled for December 25, 2022, when all the exciting bonuses will be available for pre-order worldwide.
Full details of the upcoming Komi Blu-ray box project
The project launching in December 2022 will consist of various bonuses, depending on the number of pre-orders. The minimum number of pre-orders that will confirm the launching of the project is 300. This stipulates that the release is in the hands of the anime fans as the title, “Cooperate Together! Let’s Get Gorgeous Bonuses♪ Blu-ray BOX Project.” implies.
The highest number of pre-orders to release the entire project will be 3000. The complete pre-order list will amount to 28,000 yen (214 USD).
The pre-order list and their bonuses include:
- STEP 1 (300 pre-orders): The release will be decided, and the Jacket will be drawn by character designer Atsuko Nakajima / special booklet 20P bonus footage (non-tele OP/ED, PV, program promotional footage)
- STEP 2 (500 pre-orders): A special outer box and audio commentaries for two episodes by Aoi Koga (Shoko Komi) and Gakuto Kajiwara (Hitohito Tadano)
- STEP 3 (1,000 pre-orders): Original art collection carefully selected from English subtitles and primary story material
- STEP 4 (1,500 pre-orders): Written notes that fans can use from today and Komi-san’s off-shot raw photo set
- STEP 5 (2,000 pre-orders): Komi-san’s favorite 80-denier black tights
- STEP 6 (2,500 pre-orders): A staff book with newly-drawn gorgeous illustrations
- STEP 7 (3,000 pre-orders): An online event with cast and staff hosted by Aoi Koga (Shoko Komi), Gakuto Kajiwara (Hitohito Tadano), and Rie Murakawa (Najimi Osana)
Komi Can’t Communicate anime synopsis and more
The Komi Can’t Communicate anime series is an adaptation of the manga by Tomohito Oda. The first season was released in Japan and aired from October 7 to December 23, 2021. It was available for streaming worldwide on Netflix from October 21, 2021.
The first season had twelve episodes centered on the main character Shouko Komi, the star student of Itan Private High school. Despite her extreme social anxiety and difficulty communicating with others, Komi has a dream to make one hundred friends. After meeting Hitohito Tadano, who vows to help her, her seemingly far-fetched dream slowly becomes a reality.
The second season of the anime premiered on April 7, 2022, in Japan and on April 27, 2022, globally and is available for streaming on Netflix. The director has stated that he wants the Komi anime series renewed until the ending of the story, but the Komi Can’t Communicate Season 3 anime hasn’t been announced yet.