On August 3, 2022, the staff for the upcoming anime TV series adaptation of Yuki Kanamaru’s Japanese manga series More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers (Fufu Ijo, Koibito Miman) released its first trailer, which highlights some romantic and touching moments shared between the story’s two main characters – Jiro Yakuin and Akari Watanabe.
The More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers anime release date is in October 2022.
You can watch the trailer on Kadokawa Anime’s official YouTube channel here:
The opening theme song titled “TRUE FOOL LOVE” will be performed by Chinese singer and cosplayer Liyuu. The ending theme song titled “Stuck on You” will be performed by Nowlu.
What is the plot of More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers?
The story centers on high school student Jiro Yakuin, who has a crush on his childhood friend Shiori Sakurazaka. However, when his school implements a marriage training project about practicing to be a married couple, instead of getting paired with Shiori like he hoped he gets paired with a girl named Akari Watanabe.
To make matters even worse, Akari is his polar opposite and a gyaru – a girl with a flashy style. At first, Jiro finds Akari to be unattractive, but they decide to put their differences aside and try to act like the perfect married couple in order to attain enough points so that they can switch partners to end up with their respective crushes.
The goal of the program is to allow students to develop better social skills by interacting with a partner as if they were married and they are judged heavily by how well they work together. As Jiro and Akari set out to become the “perfect couple” and get to know each other their feelings begin to change.
Who are the cast members?
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers cast members include:
- Saori Onishi – Akari Watanabe
- Seiichiro Yamashita – Jiro Yakuin
- Saki Miyashita – Shiori Sakurazaka
- Toshiki Masuda – Minami Tenjin
Who are the members of the production team?
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers production team members include:
- Chief Director – Takao Kato (To Love-Ru, Pandora Hearts, Upotte!!)
- Director – Junichi Yamanoto (Armor Shop for Ladies & Gentlemen, Monster Girl Doctor)
- Animation – Studio Mother
- Series composition/scriptwriter – Naruhisa Arakawa (Kingdom, Twin Star Exorcists, Upotte!!)
- Character designer – Chizuru Kobayashi (Lagrange – The Flower of Rinne, Pandora Hearts)
- Color key artist – Akira Nagasaka
- Art director – Naoko Akuzawa (Team TillDawn)
- Compositing director of photography – Misato Takahata (Moe)
- Editor – Ichiro Chaen (Typhoon Graphics)
Where can I read the manga?
On March 2, 2018, More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers began its serialization in Kadokawa Shoten’s Young Ace magazine. Kadokawa has collected the manga’s chapters into individual tankobon volumes and as of May 2, 2022, eight have been released.
Are you looking forward to the anime More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers? Let us know in the comment section below!