On September 18, 2022, the Japanese mixed-media project (Project Syn) created by Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bandai Namco Filmworks and Bandai Spirits released a trailer for the anime Synduality, which highlights one of the main characters – a wizard girl named Noir.
The trailer also revealed that Synduality will be produced by Bandai Namco Filmworks and animated by Studio 8Bit.
You can watch the trailer on Emotion Label’s official YouTube channel here:
What is the plot of Synduality?
More than a hundred years ago, a major disaster befell the Earth when a mysterious poisonous rain started to fall from the heavens and killed off most of humanity. This phenomenon became known as the “Tears of the New Moon”.
Our story begins, more than a hundred years later, and humanity is striving to survive in the wake of the disaster. The only humans, who managed to survive, are mages, and they live in settlements known as “Nests” that are scattered across the ravaged world. These humanoid mages are equipped with double-thinking (self-aware) artificial intelligence.
In the year 2242 AD, a female wizard, who was placed into a cryogenic sleep, awakens with no memories. Her name is Noir. Although Noir is a bit of a scatterbrain and even has trouble dressing she is able to pilot a mecha known as a Cradle Coffin and participate in combat.
Character designs by Neco have been unveiled for Noir, Ciel, and Schnee.
Who are the Synduality cast members?
Synduality cast members include:
- Aoi Koga (Kaguya-sama: Love is War) – Noir, who is an amnesic humanoid mage that is capable of Cradle Coffin (mecha) combat.
- Yui Ishikawa (Mikasa Akerman in Attack on Titan) – ADA, who is Noir’s partner.
- Nagisa Aoyama – Ciel, who is a mage that likes to sing.
- M.A.O. – Schnee, who is a mage that usually acts graceful and quiet but can sometimes act very boldly.
Who are the members of the production team?
The Synduality production team members include:
- Animation Production – Studio 8Bit
- Producer – Bandai Namco Filmworks
- Character Designer – Neco (Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai noka?)
- Cradle Coffin Designer – Ippei Gyoubu (Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Nomad: MegaloBox2, Gundam: G no Reconguista, Gundam Build Divers)
What is the plot of the Synduality video game?
Synduality is inspiring a third-person shooter videogame developed by Bandai Namco Studios and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment that will be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation5, and Xbox Series X|S in 2023. Further details will be revealed on September 22, 2022. The game’s events take place before the plot of the anime.
In the year 2222, many years have passed since the Tears of the New Moon – a mysterious rain poured down and wiped out most of the human race. Deformed, human-devouring creatures were created by the rain forcing humanity to flee underground from this new danger. Humanity came together and built a large underground shelter called Amasia.
In this newly built dystopian city, as the humans began to explore deeper underground in order to survive they encountered an artificial intelligence named Magus. The humans and artificial intelligence begin to learn about each other and aim for coexistence in this dangerous new world.
Are you looking forward to the anime Synduality? Are you looking forward to the video game? Let us know in the comment section below!