The Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury anime series is getting a novel adaptation, as revealed in the December issue of Kadokawa’s Gundam Ace magazine on October 25, 2022.
The novel will be written by novelist Yuuya Takashima and serialized in the Gundam Ace magazine.
The Witch from Mercury premiered on October 2, 2022, as the first new Gundam TV anime series in seven years. Crunchyroll is simulstreaming the series.
The Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury (機動戦士ガンダム 水星の魔女, Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo) anime was originally announced in September 2021 during the Dai 2-kai Gundam Conference Livestream event.
The Witch from Mercury sequel is set in the year 122 of the A.S. (Ad Stella), an era that has seen a “multitude of corporations enter space and build a huge economic system,” as per the official synopsis. The plot follows MC Elnora Samaya and her daughter and their involvement in a Gundam Lubris operation on an asteroid.
A prologue episode titled Gundam: Witch from Mercury PROLOGUE aired on the GundamInfo YouTube channel on September 1, 2022. Gundam PROLOGUE features five additional characters, as follows:
- Suletta Mercury (XVX-016 Gundam Aerial)
- Miorine Rembran (the mobile suit TBA)
- Guel Jeturk will (Guel’s Dilanza)
- Elan Ceres will (Gundam Pharact)
- Shaddiq Zenelli (Michaelis)
At the Gundam Conference AUTUMN 2022, it was announced that The Witch from Mercury anime will feature two cours.
The Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury Part 2 release date will be in April 2023, the Spring 2023 season. Gundam Part 2 will follow the same broadcast pattern as the first cour.
About the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise
Mobile Suit Gundam emerged in 1979 when the first anime series by Nippon Sunrise made its debut. In retrospect, nowadays the first anime series is known as “First Gundam.”
In its four-decade-long history, the franchise has spanned multiple sequels and spin-offs. To this day, it remains a quintessential work of the mecha genre. The franchise showcases gigantic robots known as “Gundam” and is populated with curious characters with creative ideas.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury cast and staff
Namco Filmworks is producing the series. The anime features the following mobile suits: CEK-040 Beguir-Beu, XGF-02 Gundam Lfrith, and Heingra.
The staff members include:
- Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kill la Kill) — director
- Ryou Andou (Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Sōma) — assistant director
- Ichirou Ohkouchi (Code Geass) — series composer
- Marie Tagashira, Juri Toida, Hirotoshi Takaya — character designers
- Mogumo — original character designer
The cast members include:
- Kana Ichinose — Ericht Samaya
- Hiroshi Tsuchida — Nadim Samaya
- Mamiko Noto — Elnora Samaya
- Sachiko Kojima — Nyla Bertran
- Miyuki Ichijo — Cardo Nabo
- You Taichi — Wendy Olent
- Atsushi Ono — Sarius Zenelli
- Eiji Hanawa — Rajan Zahi
- Naoya Uchida — Delling Rembran
- Tetsuo Kanao — Vim Jeturk
- Yoji Ueda — Kenanji Avery
The OP theme song “Shukufuku” (“Blessing”) is performed by YOASOBI. The single will be released on November 9, 2022.
Are you looking forward to The Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury novel? Hopefully, an English translation will be seeing the light of day.