The first Yowamushi Pedal Season 5 trailer PV for the upcoming anime series has been released, as confirmed by NHK’s official Twitter account.
In addition, the Yowamushi Pedal Season 5 OP and ED songs have been revealed. The opening theme is “Keep Going” by Limited Sazabys and the ending theme song is “PRIDE” by Novelbright.
As previously announced, the Yowamushi Pedal Season 5 release date in Japan is on October 9, 2022 (via NHK General TV). The fifth season is titled Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break.
The previous Yowamushi Pedal season (Glory Line) aired in 2018.
Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break — What we know so far
Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break is being produced by TMS Entertainment (Rent-A-Girlfriend) and 8PAN (Fruits Basket the Final).
The staff is, as follows:
- Osamu Nabeshima — director
- Hiroyuki Horiuchi — animator
- Yukiko Ban — character designer
- Kurasumi Sunayama — script writer
- Yoshio Mizumura and Hiyori Denforword Akishino — mechanic designs
Yowamushi Pedal: Limit Break S5 will feature returning cast members, as follows:
- Daiki Yamashita — Sakamichi Onoda
- Atsushi Abe — Tōichirō Izumida
- Ayaka Suwa — Miki Kanzaki
- Daisuke Kishio — Junta Teshima
- Daisuke Ono — Masakiyo Dōbashi
- Hiro Shimono — Issa Kaburagi
- Hiroki Yasumoto — Shingo Kinjō
- Hiroyuki Yoshino — Yasutomo Arakita
- Jun Fukushima — Shōkichi Naruko
- Jun Fukuyama — Komari Kishigami
- Junichi Suwabe — Tōji Kanzaki
- Kenji Nojima — Yukinari Kuroda
- Kentaro Ito — Jin Tadokoro
- Koji Yusa — Akira Midōsuji
- Kouki Miyata — Terufumi Miyata
- Kousuke Toriumi — Shunsuke Imaizumi
- Mamoru Miyano — Takuto Ashikiba
- Megumi Han — Aya Tachibana
- Mitsuhiro Ichiki — Sadatoki Sugimoto
- Satoshi Hino — Hayato Shinkai
- Showtaro Morikubo — Yūsuke Makishima
- Tetsuya Kakihara — Jinpachi Tōdō
- Tomoaki Maeno — Juichi Fukutomi
- Tsubasa Yonaga — Sangaku Manami
- Wataru Hatano — Ryūhō Danchiku
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka — Hajime Aoyagi
- Yūichi Nakamura — Kimitaka Koga
- Yūma Uchida — Yūto Shinkai
Discotek Media holds the license for the first two Yowamushi Pedal seasons, with Crunchyroll streaming all three seasons. Madman Entertainment has licensed the first two seasons in Australia and New Zealand and originally streamed the series via AnimeLab.
The first Yowamushi Pedal season aired in 2013, the second (Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road) — in 2014, and the third (Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation) — in 2017.
About the Yowamushi Pedal franchise
The anime is inspired by the eponymous manga by Wataru Watanabe, which started in 2008 and is still ongoing. Akita Shoten is publishing the series. As of August 2022, there are 78 tankōbon volumes. The manga is serialized in Weekly Shōnen Champion under the Shōnen Champion Comics label.
The spin-off series titled Yowamushi Pedal: Spare Bike, also by Wataru Watanabe, has been serialized since 2012.
Yowamushi Pedal has inspired various adaptations: multiple anime series, films, a live-action drama, a video game, a live-action movie, and numerous stage plays.
The Yowamushi Pedal stage plays (16, and another one upcoming) have been around longer than the anime series; they celebrated their 10th anniversary in May 2022.
The first stage play premiered at Tokyo’s Galaxy Theatre on February 1, 2012, and the latest —Yowamushi Pedal: The Cadence! — premiered at Tokyo Theater 1010 on July 5, 2022, and Cool Japan Park Osaka on July 16, 2022.
Yowamushi Pedal is a story of an otaku (Sakamichi Onoda) who intends to join the school’s anime club. However, the club has been disbanded due to a lack of interest. Thinking about finding four more members to re-establish the club, Onoda is spotted riding his bicycle by two fellow students (Shunsuke Imaizumi and Shōkichi Naruko). The two are impressed by his cycling skills and plan to convince him to join the school’s bicycle racing club.