On July 21, 2022, BANDAI NAMCO released a new trailer for Dragonball: The Breakers. Frieza is shown in all his glory and a new map for the upcoming game.
If this is your first time hearing about The Breakers, it’s basically Dead By Daylight with Dragonball characters. Players can choose between a Raider or a Survivor.
But what sets The Breakers apart from other Dragonball games is you’re not playing as a Z-fighter. Instead, you’re playing as a regular Earthling against Frieza, Cell, and Buu.
I know which side I want to play on, but let’s review what we know before making our final choices.
What is Dragonball: The Breakers?
Dragonball: The Breakers is a 7 vs. 1 online action game where players choose to be a Survivor or a Raider. The trailers have shown Cell and Frieza, but Buu is on the cover, so a third trailer should show him before the game comes out.
The game is set in the same universe as the Xenoverse games, and linking your Xenoverse 2 save data to The Breakers will get you some goodies. We’ve only seen two maps, Earth and Namek, but Dragonball: The Breakers website says there will be several once the game launches on October 14, 2022.
Hopefully, we’ll get more Raiders, but the Survivors aren’t helpless. The Survivor’s goal is to activate the Super Time Machine and escape, but time is not on their side.
Items, vehicles, weapons, and power-ups are everywhere on the map. You can also rescue civilians and get items or absorb them if you’re a Raider.
Cooperation is essential for the Survivors, but how you escape is up to you.
When can you play it?
BANDAI NAMCO is having Closed Network Sessions in the North American region, and you can sign up for them here.
- Session 1: August 5 from 7 pm PT to 11 pm PT
- Session 2: August 6 from 5 am PT to 9 am PT
- Session 3: August 6 from 11 am PT to 3 pm PT
- Session 4: August 6 from 7 pm PT to 11 pm PT
The Closed Network Sessions are only playable on PC, but the game will launch on PlayStation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on October 14, 2022. The game is available for pre-order and comes in three versions.
- The Standard Editon is digital only and comes with the whole game, Android 18 transphere, and a blue Scouter accessory.
- The Special Edition has everything the Standard has, a customizable costume, victory pose, and a yellow vehicle skin.
- The Limited Edition Bundle has everything; the other two have The Breakers Steelbook, an exclusive Cell Shell figure, and a green Potara accessory, a timed exclusive BANDAI NAMCO Store bonus.
Unfortunately, The Standard Edition isn’t available for pre-order yet, but The Special Edition is $29.99, and The Limited Edition Bundle is $79.99 on the BANDAI NAMCO Store website.