Kensuke Ushio’s Chainsaw Man Original Soundtrack E.P Vol.1, which compiles all tracks featured in the Chainsaw Man anime’s episodes 1, 2, and 3 has been released.
Here is the full Chainsaw Man Original SoundTrack E.P Vol.1 tracklist:
- Edge of chainsaw
- The door
- Special division 4
- Looking for something
- Chainsaw attacks!
- The devil appears
- Destroy them all
- Good night, boy
- Sweet dreams
- That’s a dream come true
This is the first of the total of three Chainsaw Man soundtrack volumes that will be released. Volumes 2 and 3 will be released on November 23 and December 28, 2022, respectively.
About the Chainsaw Man anime series
The Chainsaw Man anime release date was on October 11, the Fall 2022 anime season.
The Chainsaw Man release date was officially confirmed on September 7. The first episode titled “Dog and Chainsaw” aired on TV TOKYO and other TV stations on October 11, 2022, at 24:00 JST. Amazon Prime Video premiered the TV anime on the same day, at 25:00 JST.
Chainsaw Man is also streaming stream on Netflix, Animax Korea, Hulu, and bilibili.
Crunchyroll has licensed the series and is streaming Chainsaw Man in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Oceania, the Middle East, Africa, and CIS.
The international Chainsaw Man dub premiered at New York Comic Con on October 7, 2022.
Additional Chainsaw Man dubs will include French, German, Latin American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Crunchyroll will announce respective cast members at a later date.
Chainsaw Man cast and staff
Ryuu Nakayama (Black Clover) is directing the anime at Studio MAPPA.
The main staff members are:
- Makoto Nakazono (Jujutsu Kaisen) — chief episode director
- Masato Nakazono — assistant director
- Tatsuya Yoshihara — action director
- Yusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga) — background art director
- Hiroshi (Attack on Titan Season 4) — scriptwriter
- Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) — human character designer
- Kiyotaka Oshiyama (DEVILMAN crybaby) — devil character designer
- Makoto Nakazono (Little Witch Academia) — chief technical director
- Agraph/Kensuke Ushio (DEVILMAN crybaby, A Silent Voice) — music composer
The main cast members include:
- Kikunosuke Toya — Denji
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made In Abyss) — Pochita
- Mariya Ise (Reg in Made In Abyss) — Himeno
- Karin Takahashi (Suika in Dr. STONE) — Kobeni Higashiyama
- Taku Yashiro (Tanuman Tsubasa in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) — Hirokazu Arai
- Kejiro Tsuda (Kento Nanami in Jujutsu Kaisen) — Kishibe
- Tomori Kusunoki (Natsume in Deca-Dence) — Makima
- Shogo Sakata (Karin Sasaki in Fire Force) — Aki Hayakawa
- Fairouz Ai (Jolyne Kujo in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean) — Power
Additional seiyuu are, as follows:
- Maaya Uchida — Angel Devil
- Natsuki Hanae — Shark Fiend
- Saori Gotou — Spider Devil
- Yuuya Uchida —Violence Fiend
- Daiki Hamano — Samurai Sword
- You Taichi — Akane Sawatari
As for the English dub cast, Mike McFarland (Attack on Titan) is in charge. The English dub cast voice actors include:
- Ryan Colt Levy (Moriarty the Patriot) — Denji
- Suzie Yeung (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) — Makima
- Reagan Murdock (Dragon Ball Super) — Aki
- Sarah Wiedenheft (Dr. STONE) — Power
Chainsaw Man will have 12 episodes.
The Chainsaw Man OP theme song is “KICK BACK” by Kenshi Yonezu. Each episode will feature a different ED theme song.
The full list of ending theme songs includes:
- MAXIMUM THE HORMONE: “HAWATARI NIKU CENTI (lit., “Two-Hundred-Million-Centimeter-Long Blades”).
- “ALL KINDS OF KISSES” by ano
- “Fight Song” by eve
- “Deep Down” by Aimer
- “Rendezvous” by Kanaria
- “In the Back Room” by syudou
- “Violence” by QUEEN BEE
- “Time Left” by ZUTOMAYO
- “first death” by TK from Ling tosite sigure
- “tablet” by TOOBOE
- “CHAINSAW BLOOD” by Vaundy
- “DOGLAND” by PEOPLE 1
Quite a lot of info, and no mistake, but that’s only to be expected of the title this hyped. This likely means that the 12 episodes won’t be the end of the Chainsaw Man anime series but will, rather, comprise just the first cour. Just how many cours there will be remains to be seen, so stay tuned!
Meanwhile, enjoy the first Chainsaw Man soundtrack — it’s freely available to everyone everywhere.