After the chapter release, Oda will take a one-week break, and One Piece Chapter 1070 will release on December 25, 2022, in the Fourth/Fifth Issue of the Weekly Shonen Jump. So Chapter 1070 will be the last One Piece chapter of 2022.
The One Piece manga release schedule is as follows:
- Chapter 1069: December 11, 2022
- No release on December 18, 2022 (One Piece on break)
- Chapter 1070: December 25, 2022
- No release on January 1, 2022 (Weekly Shonen Jump break)
- Chapter 1071: January 6, 2022 (early release)
- No release on January 15, 2022 (Weekly Shonen Jump break)
- Chapter 1072: January 22, 2022
So due to the Oda break and the two double issues (Issue 4-5, Issue 6-7), for the next six weeks, we’ll only have 1 chapter every two weeks.
What is a Double Issue?
When people hear “Double Issue,” they think that there will be two issues, but this is not the case. Before holiday weeks, all the issues are labeled as “Double Issue.” This does not mean double material for the issue, but it is done purely for indexing purposes.
Example – Since January 1, 2023, is a holiday, the WSJ issue on December 25, 2022, will be a double issue — Issue 4-5.
One Piece anime schedule
Just like the manga, One Piece anime will also be taking a break. There will be no new episodes of the anime on December 25, 2022, and January 1, 2023. So we’ll have to wait three weeks to enjoy our weekly One Piece anime episodes.
The One Piece anime release schedule is as follows:
- One Piece Episode 1044 release date: December 11, 2022
- One Piece Episode 1045 release date: December 18, 2022
- A recap episode will be aired on December 25, 2022
- No episode will be aired on January 1, 2023
- One Piece Episode 1046 release date: January 8, 2023
These breaks are normal during the holiday season. So let’s give Oda and the production staff a break and enjoy the holidays. In the meantime, check out our views on One Piece Chapter 1068. And keep checking our Animegeek website for more such interesting pieces of content.