A second trailer has confirmed The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious release date for the Saikin Yatotta Meido ga Ayashii (最近雇ったメイドが怪しい) anime series. The premiere is set for July 23, 2022.
This is the first full-length trailer PV for the anime and previews the OP theme song “Su, Suki Janai!” (“I- I Don’t Love You!”) by ≠ ME. By the by, ≠ ME (a.k.a. Not Equal Me) is a 12-member idol group. “Su, Suki Janai!” is their first song to be featured in an anime series.
The ED theme song “Himitsu no Niwa no Futari” (“The Two People in the Secret Garden”) is performed by Yui Horie.
The Saikin Yatotta Meido ga Ayashii anime is set to be broadcast via the Asahi Broadcasting Corporation-affiliated stations, with different premiere dates, as follows:
- TV Asahi network — July 23, 2022
- AT-X — July 27, 2022
- BS12 — July 29, 2022
In addition, the series will also stream on various platforms, including but not limited to ABEMA, Amazon Prime Video, and d Anime Store.
Back in June, Crunchyroll announced it would stream the anime. Four different dubs will be available: English, Spanish (Castilian and South American), German, and Russian.
The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious anime series: what we know so far
The Saikin Yatotta Meido ga Ayashii anime series was first announced in May 2022 when a teaser PV was released:
The staff and cast were also disclosed on that occasion.
The staff includes:
- Mirai Minato (The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody) — chief director, series composer
- Misuzu Hoshino (ibid.) — director
- Machi Yoshino (ibid.) — character designer
- Ibe Yuushi (The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) — assistant director
- Kouji Fujimoto, Osamu Sasaki — music composers
The main cast is, as follows:
- Saori Hayami (in SPY x FAMILY’s Yor) — Yuuri
- Rie Takahashi (Teasing Master Takagi-san’s Takagi) — Lilith
- Yui Horie (Monogatar’s Tsubasa Hanekawa) — Tsukasa Gojouin
- Mikako Komatsu (Dr. Stone’s Senku) — Fujisaki
- Miyu Tomita (Gabriel DropOut’s Gabriel) — Natsume Nakashima
The anime is being produced by SILVER LINK. and BLADE.
The Maid I Hired Recently manga
The Saikin Yatotta Meido ga Ayashii anime TV series is based on the eponymous manga by Wakame Konbu, which began as a webcomic in 2019.
Since January 2020, the webcomic has been serialized as a manga series in Square Enix’s Monthly Gangan Joker, under the Gangan Comics Joker label.
The chapters have been collected into five tankōbon volumes (as of February 2022). The manga is still ongoing.
Yen Press has licensed the series for English publication.
Yen Press provides the following manga synopsis:
There’s something really strange about the maid I just hired! No normal person could be so beautiful, or cook such amazingly delicious food, or know exactly what I want before I even ask. She must be using magic — right, a spell is the only thing that can explain why my chest feels so tight whenever I look at her. I swear, I’m going to get to the bottom of what makes this maid so…mysterious!