The When Will Ayumu Make His Move release date on TBS Network is set for July 7, 2022. The broadcast date was confirmed in the new trailer PV released by the production team. Alongside the PV, a key visual was also released.
Earlier this month, the opening and ending theme songs for the anime were also revealed. You can check out this news piece that covers When Will Ayumu Make His Move anime OP/ED theme songs.
The trailer PV previews the characters and the opening theme song, Kakehiki wa Poker Face, by Kana Hanazawa. Here is the video that was uploaded by the production team on the PONY CANYON Youtube channel:
More about When Will Ayumu Make His Move anime
The anime is directed by Mirai Minato, best known for Masamune-kun no Revenge, at SILVER LINK. studio. Deko Akao, best known for Komi Can’t Communicate, is in charge of the series composition, with Kazuya Hirata designing the characters.
The main cast includes:
- Yohei Azakami, best known for playing Deathpierce in Nanatsu no Taizai, as Ayumu Tanaka
- Kanna Nakamura, who is also performing the anime’s ending theme song, as Urushi Yaotome
- Tsubasa Gouden, best known for playing Teruhiko Yukimura in Classroom of the Elite, as Takeru Kakuryu
- Hina Yomiya, best known for playing Shinju Inui in My Dress Up Darling, as Mikage Sakurako
- Haruna Mikawa, best known for playing Tatsuki Mori in Assault Lily Bouquet, as Rin Kagawa
- Kana Hanazawa, best known for playing Mayuri Shiina in Steins;Gate, as Maki
Here is the key visual released by the production team:
When Will Ayumu Make His Move manga
The anime series is based on the manga of the same name written and illustrated by Soichiro Yamamoto. The manga has been under serialization in Kodansha’s Weekly Shonen magazine since March 2019.
Kodansha USA licensed the series for English publication in North America. It describes the story of the series as:
Yaotome’s the president of the shogi club at her high school, and she’s pretty sure that Ayumu, an underclassman and the only other member of the club, has a huge crush on her. They get together to play shogi every day after school, but no matter what she does, she can’t seem to get him to confess his feelings! What she doesn’t know is that Ayumu has made a pact with himself to reveal his love only after he’s beaten Yaotome at shogi for the first time. Yet there’s one big issue with this plan…he really sucks!
For more information on the series, you can visit the official When Will Ayumu Make His Move anime website.