A recent trailer has revealed the spring 2022 release date for the popular series I’m Quitting Heroing! Keep reading to find out everything you’ll need to know.
For those unfamiliar with the series, the I’m Quitting Heroing anime is based on a fantasy light novel, of the same name, written by Quantum and illustrated by Hana Amano.
Known in Japan as Yuusha, Yamemasu, I’m Quitting Heroing was serialized online from January 12 to February 17 in 2017. Later that year, it was collected into 3 volumes.
A manga adaptation, inspired by the the light novel, has been in serialization since 2018. Nori Kazato (Adarushan no Hanayome) creates the art for the manga, while the series creator Quantum does the writing. So far, there are 5 volumes and counting!
As confirmed by a recently released trailer, I’m Quitting Heroing will begin its broadcast on April 5, 2022. Sentai has acquired the rights to the series, so it’ll be available to stream on HiDive.
While you wait for the April 5th release, you can check out the official website here.
What is the plot of I’m Quitting Heroing?
I’m Quitting Heroing turns the hero’s journey monomyth on its head, and will certainly delight any fantasy fan.
The story follows the journey of a hero named Leo. After saving humanity and subsequently becoming its strongest hero, Leo finds himself at odds with the peaceful world he helped create.
People have grown wary of his incredible power and as a result, he winds up in exile. With nowhere else to turn, Leo seeks employment that the Demon King’s Army he once defeated.
However, the army is suffering from a variety of issues–ranging from financial troubles to poor management. As Leo helps rebuild the Demon King’s Army, he is reintroduced to the Demon Queen, Echidna.
Shortly after, Leo asks Echidna her reasons for invading the human world. Her surprising answer to the question?
You’ll have to tune in to find out!
Here are some of the staff members behind this upcoming fantasy series.
- Yuu Nobuta (World’s End Harem) is the chief director.
- Hisashi Ishii (Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear) is also directing the series.
- Shigeru Murakoshi (Kakegurui) is handling the series composition
- Kohei Munemoto is in charge of the show’s music
- Yuki Nakano (Haikyuu!!) is doing character design
I’m Quitting Heroing has a star-studded lineup of voice actors. They include:
- Kensho Ono (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure) as Leo Demonheart
- Kaede Hondo (Interviews with Monster Girls) as Echidna
- Shizuka Ito (The Way of the House Husband) as Steina
- Hitomi Owada (A Certain Scientific Railgun T) as Lili
- Yumi Uchiyama (Tokyo Revengers) as Melnes
- Tetsu Inada (My Hero Academia) as Edwald
- Misato Matsuoka (Dr. Stone) as Jerietta
- Minori Suzuki (A Certain Magical Index III) as Dianette
The opening theme song is Broken Identity, by Minori Suzuki, while the ending theme song is Growing, performed by Nao Toyama.
So, what do you think? Are you going to watch I’m Quitting Heroing when it comes out?
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!