The Chainsaw Man anime release date is on October 11, the Fall 2022 anime season.
On October 4, 2022, just a week before the highly-anticipated Chainsaw Man anime debut, MAPPA released a preview and a short synopsis for Episode 1, which is titled “Dog and Chainsaw,” just like the first manga chapter.
The synopsis reads:
“Denji is a boy who lives as a devil hunter with Pochita, a.k.a. ‘The Chainsaw Demon.’ While living a life of poverty to pay off the debt his parents left behind, he is betrayed and killed. Seconds before losing consciousness, Denji makes a contract with Pochita and they start a new life together.”
Take a look:
Chainsaw Man: The hype is real!
Chainsaw Man is one of the most-anticipated titles to debut during the Fall 2022 anime season.
It is no wonder, then, that rumors have been abundant and, often, too silly to ignore.
The Chainsaw Man release date was officially confirmed on September 7. Episode 1 will air on TV TOKYO and other stations on October 11, 2022, at 24:00 JST and on Prime Video at 25:00 JST.
From what has been revealed so far, Chainsaw Man will also stream on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Animax Korea, Hulu, and bilibili.
Crunchyroll will be streaming the series in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Oceania, and CIS.
The international Chainsaw Man dub will premiere at New York Comic Con on Friday, October 7, 2022.
Additional Chainsaw Man dubs will include Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, and German, with cast members to be announced at a later date by Crunchyroll.
Chainsaw Man will comprise 12 episodes with 12 different ED theme songs, as follows:
- MAXIMUM THE HORMONE: “HAWATARI NIKU CENTI (lit., “Two-Hundred-Million-Centimeter-Long Blades”).
- “ALL KINDS OF KISSES” by ano
- “Fight Song” by eve
- “Deep Down” by Aimer
- “Rendezvous” by Kanaria
- “In the Back Room” by syudou
- “Violence” by QUEEN BEE
- “Time Left” by ZUTOMAYO
- “first death” by TK from Ling tosite sigure
- “tablet” by TOOBOE
- “CHAINSAW BLOOD” by Vaundy
- “DOGLAND” by PEOPLE 1
The Chainsaw Man OP theme song is “KICK BACK” by Kenshi Yonezu.
Chainsaw Man cast and staff
Ryū Nakayama (Black Clover) is directing the anime at Studio MAPPA.
The main staff members include:
- Makoto Nakazono (Jujutsu Kaisen) — chief episode director
- Masato Nakazono — assistant director
- Tatsuya Yoshihara — action director
- Yusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga) — background art director
- Hiroshi (Attack on Titan Season 4) — scriptwriter
Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) is the human character designer, whereas Kiyotaka Oshiyama (DEVILMAN crybaby) is the devil character designer. Makoto Nakazono (Little Witch Academia) is the chief technical director. Agraph/Kensuke Ushio (DEVILMAN crybaby, A Silent Voice) is composing the soundtrack.
The main cast members include:
- Kikunosuke Toya — Denji
- Shiori Izawa (Nanachi in Made In Abyss) — Pochita
- Mariya Ise (Reg in Made In Abyss) — Himeno
- Karin Takahashi (Suika in Dr. STONE) — Kobeni Higashiyama
- Taku Yashiro (Tanuman Tsubasa in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) — Hirokazu Arai
- Kejiro Tsuda (Kento Nanami in Jujutsu Kaisen) — Kishibe
- Tomori Kusunoki (Natsume in Deca-Dence) — Makima
- Shogo Sakata (Karin Sasaki in Fire Force) — Aki Hayakawa
- Fairouz Ai (Jolyne Kujo in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean) — Power
Crunchyroll’s Chainsaw Man English dub release date hasn’t been announced yet. However, given the title’s popularity, it is highly likely fans won’t have to wait long.
Mike McFarland (Attack On Titan) is directing the English dub cast, which includes the following members:
- Ryan Colt Levy (Moriarty the Patriot) — Denji
- Suzie Yeung (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) — Makima
- Reagan Murdock (Dragon Ball Super) — Aki
- Sarah Wiedenheft (Dr. STONE) — Power
Quite a lot of info, and no mistake!
We’ll leave you with just one more hint: Chainsaw Man will probably comprise at least two cours, given that only 12 episodes will air starting on October 11.